Who is this Course for?
This course is for staff and volunteers who work with younger children from early years up to 10 year olds. It meets Ofsted requirements.
How to assess and manage emergencies and accidents that involve young children. This includes dealing with childhood illnesses.
- Contents of a first aid kit.
- Current practice for the resuscitation of babies and young children - includes AED training where applicable.
- Use of an AED.
- Management of an unconscious child.
- Cuts and bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and muscle strains
- Febrile convulsions and epilepsy
- Stings and bites
- Head injuries
- Childhood illnesses - e.g. Croup, meningitis, sickle-cell, whooping couch.
12 hours or two days
Paediatric First Aid Certificate - valid for three years - OFSTED Approved Syllabus, certified by First Aid Industry Body.