Who is this Course for?
Anyone who wishes to take part in outdoor pursuits activities such as hill-
sports, climbing etc. The course is for all ages, leaders such as Scouts and Guides or folk setting off on an outdoor pursuits holiday.
The instructors for this course have experience and expertise in leading outdoor pursuits.
To assess and treat casualties in major and minor incidents in an outdoor or remote context.
All First Aid topics are in an outdoor pursuits context.
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- AED training
- The recovery position
- The apparently drowned casualty
- Head injuries - concussion and compression
- Spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Crisis management
- Cuts and severe bleeding
- Heat stroke
- Heart attacks
- Venomous bites and stings
- Contents of a first aid box
- Accident reporting and recording
Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate -
valid for three years, certified by First Aid Industry Body.